Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Please Be my Mirror

The paradox of self-honesty is that I need the help of others to achieve it. I need their support to explore my feelings and motives, and to see that others have benefited from taking this great risk. ~ Family Groups, Al-Anon. Courage to Change—One Day at a Time in Al‑Anon II (Kindle Locations 3801-3803). Al-Anon Family Groups. Kindle Edition.
A friend recently told me
a person she had not met
was a buffer for me with another.
I recognized the truth she spoke
and understood myself better for it.
Analytical I am, and I can figure you out,
but I've blinders about things
I've buried inside for years.
I'll listen to what you have to say
about how you understand me,
I sort of feel like we have been doing this,
you and I, for a long time.
Taking a look at things...
you know...who we want to be,
that sort of thing.
We didn't used to, before Recovery.
Other folks, outside the rooms
don’t do it until they’re in mid life
and then think they need a new mate....
and a Corvette!
 Or else, they never look...probably most cases
because it’s too painful to look.
So I’m gonna stay in my own little head
and get my stuff right, but to get me there
please be my mirror!



No comments:

Post a Comment