Friday, May 18, 2018

Promises Kept

This is what I am trying to say: The agreement God made with Abraham could not be canceled 430 years later when God gave the law to Moses. God would be breaking his promise. Galatians 3:17 New Living Translation (NLT)
I woke up. This had to be stopped. I saw I could not take so much as one drink. I was through forever. Before then, I had written lots of sweet promises, but my wife happily observed that this time I meant business. And so I did. Shortly afterward I came home drunk. There had been no fight. Where had been my high resolve? Alcoholics Anonymous page 5
Promises broken.
To be expected of humans
addicted, dependent,
powerless over
substances,
behaviors, compulsion—
living unmanageable lives.
But God?
Not acceptable.
God keeps promises,
lives honoring agreements…
honorable without outside parties.
God keeps his word
and we once far from honorable
can keep our word as well.
Not on out merit, though.
God goes us merit
like his
when we just ask
for his guidance.

God, we’re asking.
Make us able to
keep our word.

No comments:

Post a Comment