Thursday, October 27, 2016

Not for Me

I remember thinking this Recovery stuff
wasn’t for me but when I think back
I expect I was hearing things
I was simply not ready to hear.
But I'd read the book OA 2nd edition
and they'd told my story, my habits,
my failures, my despair, my heartache.
And all that was still there, and besides,
I'd finally found a counselor who made sense,
didn't blame someone I was powerless to control
and couldn't bring myself to leave'
and she thought this had my answers.
So I kept coming back, listened,
mulled over Steps, believing I was working them,
and after a while the readings, the literature, the sharing
caught hold of me. I'm not recovered, never will be,
but things make more sense.
I expect I was hearing things
I was simply not ready to hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment