Saturday, October 29, 2016

Morning Thoughts

God, I offer myself to thee
to build with me and do with me
as thou wilt.
Relieve me of the bondage of self
that I may better do thy will.
Take away my difficulties
that victory over them
may bear witness of thy power,
thy love, and thy way of life.
May I do thy will always.
Declutter me, inside and out, God.
Let me be open to it.
Clean up my food,
make me more than willing
to tell any person exactly what I ate.
Help me get hold of lasagna
and get there appropriately.
Where do I go from here?
Who am I from here?
Make me into who you want me to be
and in the process who I want me to be.
Show me the way.
Don’t let me growl at Veronica.
If I can’t do it in love,
take me away from there.
I don’t need to do it to feel self-righteous,
better than Bob and Latricia.
I don’t need brownie points at her expense.
Give me conversation to work with her.
Show me the food that brings energy.




No comments:

Post a Comment