Saturday, March 17, 2018

Humiliated Loke a Stone

Before I was humiliated I was like a stone that lies in deep mud, and he who is mighty came and in his compassion raised me up and exalted me very high and placed me on the top of the wall. ~ Saint Patrick
A teenager, Patrick was a slave,
mucking manure in stalls,
kidnapped from family,
alone, used, young and ignorant.
Yet in that situation he heard truth,
found his God and forgiveness,
and followed his God's instructions,
escaping, fearing he would starve,
he prayed, saving himself and his companions
with a herd of wild boars.
From feeling like a stone in deep mud,
his newfound God, "he who is mighty"
came and in his compassion raised Patrick
up and exalted him so that
fifteen hundred years later
and half a world away
we celebrate his surrender
and see we, too, when we feel a stone in deep mud
can find a life of blessings and grace,
being raised up beyond our wildest dreams!


No comments:

Post a Comment