Sunday, February 5, 2012

Post-it® Notes

Inspirational quotes such as, “Leap and the net will appear,” were scribbled on Post-Its and stuck everywhere. (manuscript I’m reading for evaluation purposes.) 
Life, stuffed full of Post-it® notes
that motivate, mystify, obfuscate,
inspiration in a comment, a dictum,
a scribbled note I’ve saved for eternity
or the next blog post, whichever comes
first. Better yet if I could read them.
I’m accustomed to handwriting
illegible even to me. But the smart phone
misbehaves as well, yielding notes like
“sing to the whales bring up oh well.”
Then again, a jewel pops up,
a scrap of paper meant for now.
“Solitude, the anthesis of seclusion,”
or “Just because its hard doesn’t mean
I’ve done anything wrong,” or
“Worry is a rocking chair.
It keeps you busy but gets you
nowhere.” “Willpower means
‘Will you give up your power?’”
It’s like little notes from a loved one
exactly what you need at the time,
knowing you left them for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment