Thursday, January 19, 2012

Chain Latch on the Door


Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with Me. (Revelation 3:20 NASB)
"I offer myself to Thee."
Sure, I took the Third Step.
Go ahead, build with me.
Do with me as you want.
Get rid of my bondage
to me, my bondage to food.
I'm here to do your will,
though surely you know
I'm busy, have so many
of your children who rely
on me. I'm already doing
your work. I know
you're using me, showing
my victories over addiction
to others as inspiration.
Just remove the rest
of these difficulties,
and we'll have it made,
you and me. What?
Take off the chain?
Open the door wide?
You'd put me in bondage
to you to set me free?
Surely you jest!

No comments:

Post a Comment